Lake Martin Songwriters Festival 20 and Under
Lake Martin Songwriters Festival 2023
20 and Under Competition for a spot on Saturday Night's Stage
July 26-30, 2023
LAKE MARTIN AREA, ALABAMA
The multi-day songwriter’s festival features over 30 artists at multiple venues ranging from intimate listening rooms to spacious outdoor stages all around Alabama’s Treasured Lake, Lake Martin.
A 20 and Under Singer/Songwriter competition will be held Friday, July 28th beginning at 6:00pm. We will choose 10 acts to compete for a chance to perform two (2) songs on the Lake Martin Songwriters Festival Saturday night stage.
- Songwriters have to be 20 years old or under as of competition date, July 28th, 2023.
- Singer Songwriters will be asked to perform one song they wrote and a second song of their choosing (does not have to be one they wrote).
- If chosen the winner of Friday night's competition, you will be invited to perform on Saturday night's stage with professionally established songwriters.
- Prizes will be awarded in addition to your invitation to perform on Saturday night's stage.
- Artists will be highlighted on social media.
- Contestants are welcome to sell merchandise, and promote themselves at Friday evening's competition before and after competition.
- Contestant winner will be able to sell their merchandise at Saturday night's show as well.
- Backline equipment will be provided at venue
- No fee required to apply
We do not work through booking agencies or management companies. We communicate directly with the artist and/or guardian. Applications are due by June 22, 2023.
- Verification of the receipt of the application will be returned via email.
- All applicants will receive a response via email by June 23, 2023.
- Due to high volume, please do not inquire about the status of your application.
Call 256-215-3067 with any questions about the festival or the application process.